Project Talks for Physics of Computation
(Physics 256B, Spring 2022)
15-minute presentations + 5-minute discussion!
31 May: 12:10-1:30 PM:
- Omar Aguilar: AI Physics and Computation Mechanics
- Anastasia Belenkii: Intrinsic Computation in Purposeful Agents
- Andrew Diggs: Scale-Invariant Thermodynamics and Information in Ising
- Juan Carlos Gelvez: Ancient Antarctica and Greenland Climates: Information
measures from ice core data
2 June: 12:10-1:30 PM:
- Jules Litman-Cleper: Measuring the Organization in Self-Organizing Perceptual Maps
- Arthur Plaud: Spontaneous Mutations in Population Dynamics and Phase Transitions
- Christian Pratt: Is a Biological Organism a Computer?
- Kuen Wai Tang: Information Engines
Project not complete? That's expected. Focus your presentation on introducing
the subject area. We are a diverse group. So, teach us a bit about your field,
your interests, and your project.
You'll have another week and a half to finish up the project.
The preferred report format, use as a guide, is described