Project Report Structure
The report on your project should be at least 4-5 pages of
(single-spaced) text plus any number of figures and plots.
The latter, with explanatory captions, are greatly encouraged.
The report should be organized into the following sections.
for Natural Computation and Self-Organization
- Title page:
- Project Title
- Email address
- Abstract (one paragraph)
- Motivation for the topic
- Why its interesting
- Synopsis of project and results
- Background: This is information that the reader needs to
understand the project.
- Dynamical system:
- Describe the particular system you've selected.
- Give the equations of motion
- Describe how the terms model various aspects of the system.
- Methods: Describe the methods used to investigate it. These can
range from simulation techniques and data sources to analytic and
- Results: Show us what you found. Explain the results.
- Conclusion (1-2 paragraphs): In the context of the results and
discussion just presented comment on the main points and claims
made in the introduction.
- Bibliography: Cite background materials and current related papers